Are you trying to choose where to go on your honeymoon? Well, good news is that there are LOTS of options. The way that my husband and I narrowed down all the options included all of the below factors. These choices helped us to choose The Royal in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and it was an absolutely amazing time!
1. What time of year do you want to go? Prices may be lower at certain times of year so you can save but make sure it’s not hurricane season either.
We chose July in Mexico because it was a lot cheaper then other times of the year and we were going right before the brunt of Hurricane Season started so we got our trip for a great price. We waited 2 days to unwind, see family off and then headed right to Mexico!
2. Do you want all-inclusive? Mexico, Jamaica and parts of the caribbean are great for all-inclusive.
I had never been to Mexico but my husband had gone when he was younger with his family and it was their favorite trip so I was excited for the trip. It was all -inclusive so we didn’t have to pay a cent. It was so nice to have paid for it so long ago and go there, unwind, eat and drink as much as we wanted. I must say that my mom was a bit concerned with our choice of Mexico as our honeymoon location but after speaking with travel agents, my Aunt who travels frequently and many others, I was reassured that it was safe. We even were walking distance to 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen which was a very cool experience to walk and see the local shops.
3. Do you want a relaxing beachy honeymoon or do you want to spend your time sightseeing in Italy? There are so many gorgeous parts of the world that you can see on this special vacation time but make sure you choose what you and your husband want to be doing after your big day.
For my hubby and I, we did so much planning and traveling since we both lived in Germany and literally arrived home in the US just 2 months before our wedding that we wanted pure relaxation.
4. Do you want a quiet retreat with no neighbors nearby or do you want a location with a variety of excursions, restaurants, bars, etc nearby?
We wanted a bit of both which we did find at The Royal however to be honest, it was a bit louder then we expected. It was an amazing time but it seems like more of a resort that I would recommend others to go to with groups of friends. Don’t get me wrong, I loved every minute of the honeymoon but while being there, it just seemed like such a fun place to go back to with a group of friends or family!
5. Do you want to stay in your own country or do you want to go somewhere further away international? Do you want to drive or fly? These travel questions can narrow a lot down.
If you hate flying, clearly, you want to go somewhere local. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law drove to the Hamptons for their honeymoon and it looked absolutely beautiful. But for our honeymoon, we wanted to get away…not too far, but not too close and Playa was just that for us.
Hope you find the perfect honeymoon location and
enjoy some more pictures from our Playa Del Carmen honeymoon!